The way your office looks highly reflects on you. If itâ€™s rundown or looks extremely disorganised this might give a negative impression of you.
One part of your office that makes a huge impact on its overall look is your office desk. If your desk is cluttered it not only gives the wrong impression, it also affects your productivity. This is why itâ€™s important to pick the most appropriate office desk.
Itâ€™s easy to choose the ideal desk, if you just know what to look for. By following these considerations youâ€™ll get the perfect desk for your office.
What desk to get will depend on what you will use it for. If you just get any desk you fancy, you might not maximise its use and it might just end up as a hindrance rather than a helpful piece of office furniture. Here are some factors to consider:
- Mostly computer use â€“ If you spend the majority of your day just using the computer then you need to get a desk that specifically caters to this need. These desks are specifically designed for computer use, with wiring holes and CPU compartments.
- Mostly paperwork â€“ If you are swamped with paperwork the majority of your day, then you need to get a bigger desk for your office. A desk that has more room is perfect for you as the wide area will be able to hold all the paperwork youâ€™ll need to work on.
- For both â€“ An L or U shaped desk are good choices for this purpose. Either of these can accommodate a computer and tons of paperwork.
Consider Office Space
The size of your office is a major determining factor in choosing your office desk. The desk should be big enough to accommodate your office tools, supplies and paperwork but it should also be small enough to still leave room for movement. If you have a small area and there are a number of employees using that space, an office workstation may be the best choice.
You can hire design consultants to determine your roomâ€™s dimensions and suggest what type of desk is best for your space. There are many companies that can help you with your office desks or office workstations needs. Some companies can even have their consultants visit your office to discuss the requirements needed for your space.
In considering the space of your office, you need to keep in mind several factors:
- Leg room
- Space between you and your desk
- Placement of keyboards and PC
- Room for equipment and materials
- Space for guest
Consider Company Design
In choosing your office desk, you should not forget the overall look and design of the company. Itâ€™s important to pick a desk thatâ€™s complementary to the companyâ€™s brand and look. This way your desk is in harmony with the entire office, and shows uniformity and unity in the company.
Incorporate Own Style
Even in keeping up with your companyâ€™s style, you can still incorporate your own style in your office desk by adding little details such as a favourite ornament or an artwork that you can put on your desk. Incorporating your own style will make the desk more personal and will make you more comfortable.
It is essential to create a good working environment as this promotes a positive vibe which in turn will heighten creativity and productivity. And it all starts with picking the perfect office desk.
Debra Wright blogs about a plethora of topics including office desks and other fields. Debra considers Sydney Office Furniture as one of the leaders in Online Office Furniture Shops.